Embracing the Mamba Mentality, synonymous with the late Kobe Bryant's relentless pursuit of excellence, propels us into a realm where challenges become stepping stones, and resilience transforms into a driving force. In the spirit of this unwavering mindset, let's embark on a step-by-step journey to empowerment—a journey that begins with the resounding call: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Execute. This is not just about doing; it's about doing it with the precision and determination of a Mamba.
1. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Execute: I love using this simple starter for any task that lacks my full enthusiasm. I employed it this morning and am utilizing it again as I write this blog. While maintaining a daily exercise routine, Saturday (Sabbath) pose a greater challenge as it's my sole day of complete rest from work. Nevertheless, I've committed to exercising daily, and I can't afford to let myself down by not showing up. Therefore, I need a bit of a kick. I simply counted 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and moved. Once I moved, that was it. My brain took over. Within minutes, I found myself running round and round my paddock, with the beautiful bliss of early soft sun rays falling gently on me and my sheep cheering me on. In the end, I completed a 40-minute workout. I loved it! I gave myself a big hug. Here's the proof.
2. Make Commitments: Start by making commitments. Dreams are commendable, but the true game-changer lies in transforming them into tangible, deliberate goals. The cornerstone of progress is found in decisions and committing to the process. When we opened the Purity Health Menopause Clinic, we "just did it!" I left my secure income, ended up working from my granny flat for a year, but I was committed to the vision. The vision to educate women and offer evidence-based menopause care continues to grow, and guess what? I'm growing with it. Five years ago, if you had told me that I would be doing what I'm doing now, I wouldn't have believed you. But I'm doing it, enjoying it, and improving daily. Excellence in my field is my goal. I'm perfecting my craft every single minute of every day. My son is grown up and I'm single, and loving it! My vision is my drive. I eat, live, and dream menopause.
3. Imagine a Pragmatic World: Envision a world where goals aren't just abstract ideals but are met through calculated and decisive steps. Fear is inevitable, yet let it be the driving force propelling you towards your objectives. Let the fear of running out of time propel you forward now. The fear of not reaching your full potential and becoming the best version of yourself should not paralyze you into the 'woe is me, if there wasn't any bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck mentality.' You can and you will, if only you try and keep trying; don't let anyone tell you that you can't. If they do, prove them wrong by doing it anyway. Feel the fear and do it anyway! Give every one of your dreams a space to manifest. The process is the goal. Enjoy every bit of it, adjust your tactics, execution, direction even. But keep your vision in motion.
4. Shape your life's journey with strategic intent: remain vigilant and meticulously chart your course. In a realm where some merely dream, understand that dreams require concrete plans and determined execution. Refuse to let society's expectations dictate your path; shape your journey with strategic intent. It's tragic to reach the end of your life's journey and realize you fell short of becoming the person you were meant to be. God instills dreams in your mind to bring them to life. Due to the fear of failure or rejection, some settle for less and pretend they never desired that dream. If this resonates with you, know this: regardless of your age, as long as you're breathing, you can embark on realizing that dream. I want to bring my dreams to life, share them with the world, make the world a better place, and when my life's journey is over, die with a smile, knowing that I became all that I was meant to be.
5. Evaluate Your Network: Align yourself with those challenging you to grow, sever ties with those hindering your progress. Networking isn't just a connection; it's an investment—choose your alliances wisely.
6. Forge Connections: Collaboration isn't a sign of weakness. Forge connections with like-minded individuals; together, achieve more significant milestones.
7. Seize Opportunities: In the spirit of practicality and shared endeavors, seize opportunities before you. The world isn't a stage; it's a vast field of action. Take charge, make decisions, pave your own way forward.
8. Never Surrender: Remember, even in the face of setbacks, never surrender. When adversity knocks you down, rise again. As the clock strikes midnight, the slate is wiped clean. Regardless of yesterday's triumph or defeat, the next day is a fresh canvas.
9. Pursue Excellence: Don't rest on the laurels of past victories; pursue excellence, aiming to be the best version of yourself, making tomorrow better than yesterday.
10. Work Persistently and Stubbornly: Others may appear more talented, beautiful, or better connected—let not comparison discourage you. Work persistently and stubbornly. Develop an unwavering work ethic, and while others sleep, continue refining your path.
11. Practical Execution: In the practical pursuit of your aspirations, ask yourself: Do you need to rise early for exercise? Is it time to confront that task you've been avoiding? Should you say goodbye to your unhealthy habit or addiction? Should you finally engage in that overdue conversation? Count 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and execute. If it's exercise, count 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and move. Place one foot in front of the other and just do it. Living a life of disciplined action unknowingly prepares you for tough times. Tough times befall each of us; it's not a matter of if but when. If you're swayed by emotions now, when tough times arrive, you'll be crushed because you won't feel like fighting. Discipline now is your preparation for tomorrow's battle. Champions are not made in the arena; it's the unseen hours of pain, failure, and discipline that forge greatness.
12. Embrace the Process: Enjoy the journey, every bit of it! Keep your end goal in mind and don't let the grind put you off. There's a positive to be gleaned from any adversity or tragedy. Don't give up now. The universe is cheering you on! You've got unseen cheerleaders and witnesses to your journey to greatness. Your tomorrow must be better than yesterday.
Dr Purity Carr
GP & Menopause Specialist